Sunday, March 1, 2009

The consequences of working in an office . . .

So I've been doing p90X now for four weeks now, but I've found it rather difficult to contribute to the blog.  Here's the reason:  Starting my new job as a structural engineer has been challenging in one aspect, that of sitting an a desk all day long.  I'm not used to sitting in one location for 9 hours a day tapping away at a computer.  The result of this is that when I'm done with work, the last thing I want to do sometimes is get home and hop on the computer again!  And because, at work, we are strongly encouraged to not do personal stuff on the internet (email, blogs, etc.) that stuff has found itself on the backburner.  

So my apologies for not contributing more to the blog.  But here's an update.

-My favorite workouts have been: Plyometrics and Kenpo
-My least favorites are any of the arm workouts, and of course, Ab Ripper X
-I've only missed two workouts.  Luckily, they were both duing my "off" week.  I missed the stretch workout when a friend's basement flooded. I figure bailing water was my workout that night!
-I look forward to the Plyometrics video, when Tony tells us all to land softly and jump like "cat man and spider woman!" I find it terribly humorous.

Anyway, I promise to try and contibute more.  I enjoy having a structured workout to do everyday, and look forward to doing it everyday!  Except, of course, Ab Ripper X.

Here's my before picture:


2 comments:

  1. As long as the after picture doesn't have your head on Marge's body...I'll still feel good about P90X

    ReplyDelete